I made this just for myself, so it serves one, but you can make as much or as little as you like.
- Cannellini beans (about 1/4 cup, but you could use less)
- Olive oil
- Half a zucchini, sliced
- Two baguette slices
- One clove of garlic
- Celery salt
- Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper
- A squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the grill or grill pan.
- Brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil and place on the grill.
- Toss the zucchini slices with a glug of olive oil, a dash of celery salt and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on the grill.
- When the bread and zucchin get good grill marks, turn them over. It should only take a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile mash the white beans, a glug of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, a dash of garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the bread has good grill marks on both sides, cut the garlic clove in half and rub it on the hot bread. (I used to think this was silly, but it gets so much flavor. Totally do it)
- Spread some of the bean mash on the bread, top with the grilled zucchini and sprinkle with parsley.