This is a simple and delicious snack, lunch or appetizer, perfect for a warm day since there’s barely any heat involved. There’s lots of room to make this your own. Adapted from Tartelette . Serves 2 as written here, but you can easily multiply for a crowd.
- 6 slices baguette
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tin smoked trout, broken into chunks
- 1/2 a 14oz can of white beans (cannellini beans, northern white beans, etc)
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- Fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- Heat grill (or grill pan). Brush baguette slices with olive oil and grill until grill marks appear. Set aside
- Place beans in a food processor with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Mix until a spreadable consistency. You can also just mash them in a bowl of you prefer.
- Spread bean mixture on grilled baguette. Top with avocado slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with smoked trout, sprinkle with dill and squeeze the lemon over the top.